Harris Initial Teacher Education (Harris ITE) offers outstanding Primary and Secondary school-based teacher training across our family of academies and partner schools, in and around London.
Harris Initial Teacher Education works in partnership with Kingston University.
Kingston University is the validating university and has responsibility for awarding the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) element of the programme.
We offer year-long primary and secondary teacher training programmes to graduates and career changers joining the teaching profession through our Harris School Direct programme.
We offer a strong support network and exciting environment in which to train to ensure that our trainee teachers leave the course feeling supported, confident and well-prepared. Our provision has been graded as Outstanding by OFSTED.
Harris ITE is part of the Harris Federation which is a not-for-profit charity with over 25 years’ experience of education. We have built our reputation on our family of academies that, across the board, are setting standards of excellence and fulfilling high expectations.
As a trainee teacher, you’ll be teaching in your main placement academy and honing your craft in the classroom whilst learning from expert colleagues. You will spend one day a week with us in Core Training where you will learn theories and strategies to implement in your teaching practice.
Your mentor and colleagues will support you every step of the way, so that you complete your training year feeling confident and well-prepared for a successful career in teaching.
Why choose us
As a trainee with Harris Initial Teacher Education you’ll benefit from:
- Outstanding courses that lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a Post-graduate certificate in Education (PGCE) and 60 Masters Level Credits;
- Weekly Core Training days at Harris Academy Bermondsey with your fellow trainees;
- Tailored, subject-specific training across the year with our specialist Federation sub consultant teams
- Personalised mentoring and a strong support network;
- Two placements in contrasting schools;
- Opportunities to receive a salary or bursary while you train (subject to eligibility);
- Availability of full-time and part-time courses;
Ready to Train to Teach with us
Register your interest by filling out one of our Expression of Interest Forms
Please feel free to contact us for a friendly chat, advice and how to join our next group of outstanding trainee teachers.