Harris Initial Teacher Education (Harris ITE) offers outstanding Primary and Secondary school-based teacher training across our family of academies, in and around London.
Harris ITE is part of the Harris Federation which is a not-for-profit charity with over 25 years’ experience of education. We have built our reputation on our family of academies that, across the board, are setting standards of excellence and fulfilling high expectations.
As a trainee teacher, you’ll be teaching in your main placement academy and honing your craft in the classroom whilst learning from expert colleagues. You will spend one day a week with us in Core Training where you will learn theories and strategies to implement in your teaching practice.
Your mentor and colleagues will support you every step of the way, so that you complete your training year feeling confident and well-prepared for a successful career in teaching.
Why choose us
As a trainee with Harris Initial Teacher Education you’ll benefit from:
- Outstanding courses that lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a Post-graduate certificate in Education (PGCE) and 60 Masters Level Credits;
- Weekly Core Training days in Bermondsey with your fellow trainees;
- Tailored, subject-specific training across the year;
- Personalised mentoring and a strong support network;
- Two placements in contrasting schools;
- Opportunities to receive a salary or bursary while you train (subject to eligibility);
- Availability of full-time and part-time courses;
- A comprehensive Early Career Teacher induction programme in your first two years of teaching.
Please feel free to contact us for a friendly chat and advice about how to join our next group of outstanding trainee teachers.