How to Apply
If you’re ready to help us transform children’s lives, why not Apply Now for one of our courses. We recruit on a rolling basis over the year and places fill up quickly.
Please apply as early as you can in order to secure a place. Here’s what you need to do.
- Complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) form (optional);
- Visit the Apply Now page and select your course. From that page you can then apply via DfE Apply;
- Attend a first interview which consists of an online interview with ITE Tutors and a face-to-face interview for a group task and written tests related to your subject/phase and your professionalism;
- If successful at first interview, visit a prospective academy for a second interview;
- Remember to accept your offer to secure your place.
- You’re now on course for a great career in teaching subject to meeting the conditions of the offer and safeguarding checks.
Applications to our courses can be made through UCAS if you don’t want to use the DfE Apply service. You will need to register with UCAS before applying. Our UCAS provider code is 1TZ.
To complete your UCAS application you will need your personal statement and details of:
- Your relevant qualifications (including a breakdown of your degree topics)
- School and work experience
- Two professionals or academics who can act as your referees, one of whom must be able to comment on your suitability to work with children
- One professional reference: someone who can comment on your character and suitability as a teacher. If you are applying for a salaried position, your professional reference will need to be from your current or most recent employer
- One academic reference: for example, a current or recent university tutor. If you finished university more than five years ago, you may prefer to use a second professional referee.
Download our UCAS applications information sheet, which also has top tips for applying.