Our Vision and our Aims
To work with commitment and integrity to engender change and have a positive impact on schools, communities and the teaching profession as a whole.
- To deliver high quality teacher education;
- To work in partnership with our schools and external partners to meet local and national recruitment needs;
- To promote our shared values through our curriculum and all aspects of our provision;
- To be at the forefront of teacher education, anticipating upcoming changes and driving them forward so that they can permeate in to schools as quickly as possible.
Our curriculum intends to enable new teachers to become
Confident, critically reflective practitioners; and proactive, committed and adaptable professionals, who are knowledgeable about their subject(s) and how children develop and learn.
- Act with integrity and put children’s needs first, including their safety, wellbeing and mental health;
- Make a positive impact on their schools and wider communities;
- Engage critically with subject and phase-specific research to develop evidence-informed inclusive pedagogy;
- Prioritise their own wellbeing and mental health;
- Take a genuine interest in the development of children.
And commit to realising our shared values through…
- challenging inequality and promoting social justice;
- promoting sustainability and environmental responsibility;
- using the power of education to bring about social change and achievement for all, through ongoing professional development and dialogue.