How will I be assessed?
As a trainee teacher, you will be assessed holistically against the HITE Curriculum, across the training year in both your school-based training and Core Training. By the end of the course, this will enable you to demonstrate that you have met the Teachers’ Standards as required for Qualified Teacher Status.
The elements that make up the holistic assessment include:
- Mentor reports;
- Evidence bundles;
- Final QTS panel presentation;
- Subject and curriculum knowledge;
- Attendance and punctuality;
- Maths and English proficiencies;
- Engagement and input in training.
The PGCE element of the programme is assessed by:
- Master’s level assignments;
- School experience.